CALL TO ORDER
_____Rossing ______ Buckheit _____ Ganey ____Imm ____Nakasian _____ Pownell _____Zweifel
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS
Public Comments: Persons commenting on consent agenda items only may use this opportunity to speak. Speakers must identify themselves by providing their name and address and completing a comment card. Comments are limited to two (2) minutes. Agenda items below are approved by one motion unless a Council member requests separate action. All items approved by majority vote unless noted.
1. Motion – Review of City Disbursements
2. Motion – Accept 2011 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
3. Resolution 2012-062 – Confirm redirection of tax abatement levy MOVED to 7a
4. Resolution 2012-065 – Approve traffic study for Second and College four-way stop sign
5. Motion – Approve request for proposal for garbage services MOVED to 7b
6. Resolution 2012-063 – Call for public hearing on redevelopment plan for the new Public Safety Center MOVED to 11a
OPEN PUBLIC COMMENTS
Persons may take one opportunity to address the council for three (3) minutes on a topic not on the agenda. No notification of the mayor is required. However, speakers are asked to complete a comment card. Persons wanting a response to a question must submit the question in writing to the recording secretary. Questions must include name, address and phone number.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND RELATED ACTION
The public will have the opportunity to speak for or against the issue for a maximum of two (2) minutes per item. The Chair will recognize speaker at podium and conversation will be between Chair and speaker. Persons must give their name, address, and if representing a business, must give the name of the business or corporation. If an attorney or consultant is representing a client, the client must be identified for the record. Citizens who have material to be handed out shall provide a minimum of 12 copies of the material to the City Administrator. The City Administrator will then pass the information to the appropriate people.
7. Items related Charter Amendments to Chapter 3- Section 3.5
a. Public Hearing on the proposed Charter Amendments to Section 3.5
b. Ordinance No. 938 – First reading ordinance amending Section 3.5 of the Northfield Charter
Please submit name and address to the recording secretary before the meeting or prior to the start of the regular agenda. The Mayor will ask you to speak after the staff report on the item. Please be respectful of the public’s and the council’s time. Members of the public wishing to speak may be asked to:
Speak only once for no more than two (2) minutes on the topic unless the speaker is addressed by the council;
To identify your relationship to the topic (interested citizens included);
To have a spokesperson or two for your group to present your comments.
7b. Motion – Approve request for proposal for garbage services
8. Motion – Approve appointment of Director of Community Planning and Development
9. Motion – Authorize bids for roof replacement project for City Hall and Wastewater Treatment Plant
10. Ordinance No. 939 – First Reading of ordinance amending the Sanitary Sewer Ordinance, Chapter 82
11. Resolution 2012-064 – Adopt Complete Streets Policy