CALL TO ORDER
_____Rossing ______ Buckheit _____ Ganey ____Imm ____Nakasian _____ Pownell _____Zweifel
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
NDDC Mid-year update – moved to mid September for a work session
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS
Public Comments: Persons commenting on consent agenda items only may use this opportunity to speak. Speakers must identify themselves by providing their name and address and completing a comment card. Comments are limited to two (2) minutes. Agenda items below are approved by one motion unless a Council member requests separate action. All items approved by majority vote unless noted.
1. Motion – Review of City Disbursements
2. Ordinance No. 938 – Second reading of ordinance amending Section 3.5 of the Northfield Charter
3. Items related Sanitary Sewer Ordinance Amendments:
a. Ordinance No. 939 – Second Reading of ordinance amending the Sanitary Sewer Ordinance, Chapter 82
b. Motion – Approve Summary Publication of Ordinance No. 939
4. Resolution 2012-067 – Approve Premises Permit Application for American Legion Post 84 to conduct gambling activities at The Break located at 680 Professional Drive
5. Motion – Approve policy on donation of vacation leave
6. Motion – Authorize purchase of pickup for Public Works
7. Motion – Fire Study Group appointments
OPEN PUBLIC COMMENTS
Persons may take one opportunity to address the council for three (3) minutes on a topic not on the agenda. No notification of the mayor is required. However, speakers are asked to complete a comment card. Persons wanting a response to a question must submit the question in writing to the recording secretary. Questions must include name, address and phone number.
Please submit name and address to the recording secretary before the meeting or prior to the start of the regular agenda. The Mayor will ask you to speak after the staff report on the item. Please be respectful of the public’s and the council’s time. Members of the public wishing to speak may be asked to:
Speak only once for no more than two (2) minutes on the topic unless the speaker is addressed by the council;
To identify your relationship to the topic (interested citizens included);
To have a spokesperson or two for your group to present your comments.
8. Motion – Project Update for Old Memorial Pool Improvements
Adjourn to Worksession
9. Discussion – EDA Board work plan and preliminary budget – 7:30 p.m.
10. Discussion – Preliminary Tax Review/ Budget Review – CIP
11. Discussion – Quarterly Council 2012 Work Plan Update NOTE: a 2nd recording needed to be started.
Election Update – Special Meeting to Canvass Votes – 8/17 @ 7:30 am