CALL TO ORDER
_____Rossing ______ Buckheit _____ Ganey ____Imm ____Nakasian _____ Pownell _____Zweifel
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS
Public Comments: Persons commenting on consent agenda items only may use this opportunity to speak. Speakers must identify themselves by providing their name and address and completing a comment card. Comments are limited to two (2) minutes. Agenda items below are approved by one motion unless a Council member requests separate action. All items approved by majority vote unless noted.
1. Motion – Review of City Disbursements
2. Motion – Approve Appointments to the Fire Relief Board
3. Resolution 2012-077 – Appoint Deputy Registrar
4. Motion- Authorize architect contract for police facility
5. Motion – Approve wine and 3.2 liquor licenses for Xiao LLC dba Tokyo Grill located at 1301 Bollenbacher Drive
6. Motion – Authorize hiring KLM Engineering, Inc. to complete water storage facility inspections
OPEN PUBLIC COMMENTS
Persons may take one opportunity to address the council for three (3) minutes on a topic not on the agenda. No notification of the mayor is required. However, speakers are asked to complete a comment card. Persons wanting a response to a question must submit the question in writing to the recording secretary. Questions must include name, address and phone number.
Please submit name and address to the recording secretary before the meeting or prior to the start of the regular agenda. The Mayor will ask you to speak after the staff report on the item. Please be respectful of the public’s and the council’s time. Members of the public wishing to speak may be asked to:
Speak only once for no more than two (2) minutes on the topic unless the speaker is addressed by the council;
To identify your relationship to the topic (interested citizens included);
To have a spokesperson or two for your group to present your comments.
7. Items related to the budget:
a. Resolution 2012-080 – Adopting a proposed 2012 / payable 2013 tax levy
b. Resolution 2012-079 – Adopting a proposed 2012 / payable 2013 EDA tax levy
c. Resolution 2012-078 – Adopting a preliminary 2012 / payable 2013, Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) levy
d. Resolution 2012-081 – Adopting a proposed 2013 general fund budget and setting the date and time for the public hearing
8. Resolution 2012-082 – Policy on Issuing Statements on Non-city Issues