CALL TO ORDER
____Graham ____DeLong ____Ludescher ____Nakasian ____Peterson White ____ Pownell ____Zweifel
SWEAR IN NEW MEMBER – Council Member Jessica Peterson White
ELECT MAYOR PRO TEM
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Swear In Patrol Officer David Jandro
Public Comments: Persons commenting on consent agenda items only may use this opportunity to speak. Speakers must identify themselves by providing their name and address and completing a comment card. Comments are limited to two (2) minutes. Agenda items below are approved by one motion unless a Council member requests separate action. All items approved by majority vote unless noted.
1. Motion – Review of City Disbursements
2. Motion – Designate the Official Newspaper
3. Motion – Designate the Depository for the City of Northfield for 2014
5. Motion – Approve Northfield Arena Concession Contract
6. Motion – Approve Board/Commission Appointments
7. Motion – Approve the 2014 Consultant Services Contract with the NDDC
8. Motion – Approve the 2014 Consultant Services Contract with the Northfield Historical Society
9. Motion – Approve Meadows Farmland Lease
10. Resolution 2014-003 – Adopt Service Assessments for Sixth/Ninth Street Reconstruction Project
11. Resolution 2014-008 – Approve a Service Contract for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Standby Generator
12. Resolution 2014-004 – Approve a Contract Amendment for the collection of trash in the Downtown, from City Buildings, and from Parks and Recreation Facilities
Persons may take one opportunity to address the council for three (3) minutes on a topic not on the agenda. No notification of the mayor is required. However, speakers are asked to complete a comment card. Persons wanting a response to a question must submit the question in writing to the recording secretary. Questions must include name, address and phone number.
Please submit name and address to the recording secretary before the meeting or prior to the start of the regular agenda. The Mayor will ask you to speak after the staff report on the item. Please be respectful of the public’s and the council’s time. Members of the public wishing to speak may be asked to: Speak only once for no more than two (2) minutes on the topic unless the speaker is addressed by the council; To identify your relationship to the topic (interested citizens included); To have a spokesperson or two for your group to present your comments.
15. Resolution 2014-005 – Sixth Street Reconstruction Project – Order Improvement and Preparation of Plans and Specifications
16. Resolution 2014-006 – Street Reclamation Project – Order Improvement and Preparation of Plans and Specifications
13. Resolution 2014-001 – Consider Request for YMCA Donation – MOVED from Consent agenda
4. Resolution 2014-002 – Approve FY2014 CDBG Application – MOVED from Consent agenda
17. Information – City Hall Project Update
18. Transit Hub update (ADDED green sheet item)
NOTE: Council formally adjourned seconds after 3 hour recording limit reached.
Note: The City Council may take a five minute break during the meeting.