Date(s) - Tue, Mar 28
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Steele County Community Center
12th Annual Southern Minnesota Organic Crops Day to be held March 28th
OWATONNA, Minn. (March 6, 2017) — The twelfth annual Southern Minnesota Organic Crops Day will be held Tuesday, March 28th at the Steele County Community Center, located at 1380 South Elm Avenue in Owatonna, Minnesota, next to the Steele County Fairgrounds. This year’s program is open to everyone, and aims to provide current and future organic producers with additional tools and knowledge to help their operation succeed. Registration starts at 2:30 p.m. with the program beginning at 3:00 p.m. There is a cost of $15 at the door which includes registration, materials, and an all organic supper.
- Soil Fertility for Organic Vegetable Production and Field Crops, Paulo Pagliari, Nutrient Management
- Specialist, UMN Extension
- Cover Crops and Manure Management, Randy Pepin, UMN Extension
- Interactive Effects of Cover Crops, Insect Communities, and Soil Health in Corn Production Systems,
Claire LaCanne, SDSU Graduate Student
- Managing Weed Pressure in Organic Cropping Systems, Carmen Fernholz, Organic Farmer
- Producer Discussion Panel, Carmen Fernholz, Leo Seykora, Tom Wencl , Ray Yokiel,
This event is sponsored in part by Albert Lea Seed, Grain Millers, and SunOpta in cooperation with University of Minnesota Extension. Pre-registration is not necessary, but it is encouraged. For more information contact Kendra Schroeder, Extension Educator in Steele and Rice Counties, at 507-444-7685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.