Recent Area News
Century Link is investigating a potential impact on 911 services within Rice and Steele County. If you have an emergency call 911. If your call will not go through call your local Sheriff’s Office.
Rice County Sheriff 507-334-4391
Steele County Sheriff 507-451-8232
As Forest Lake and Montgomery struggle to decide whether to drop their police departments in favor of their respective County Sheriff’s departments, the City of Morristown has chosen to contract with the Rice County Sheriff’s department for their full time police protection. Sheriff Troy Dunn said due to changes, the City was left with just 1 part-time officer and needed to decide whether to hire on or contract out the services. After a public meeting and 2 council meetings they voted 3 to 2 to contract for 60 hours a week, which means Dunn must hire another deputy. (more…)
– Two Tornado Drills are planned, see the schedule below for details.
– The first drill allows schools, businesses, and industries to test their sheltering plans.
– The second, evening drill, allows families and businesses with second shifts to practice their sheltering plans. (more…)
Rice County deputies,Lonsdale Fire and Rescue along with Northfield Ambulance were dispatched to a personal injury crash at about 4:15 yesterday afternoon. The crash was at Garfield Avenue, just south of Union Lake Trail. Sheriff Troy Dunn reports that a single vehicle was travelling south on Garfield. The driver lost control after going through the intersection, ran off the road and rolled into the east ditch, coming to rest on its side in about 2 feet of water. The (more…)
- Tracy Fossum
- Virginia Kaczmarek and Dana Graham
- David Bly
- Brent Nystrom and Rhonda Pownell
- John McCarthy
- Raider Wrap 1/21/17: Nordic Ski, Wrestling, Recap of week
- Raider Wrap with Dusty Budd: Alpine Skiing, Recap of Week