Today in the ArtZany Radio studio Paula Granquist welcomes Francesca Anderegg, Artistic Director of the Bridge Chamber Music Festival, Associate Professor of Violin at St. Olaf College, and teacher at Interlochen Center for the Arts in the summers.
The Bridge Chamber Music Festival in Northfield, MN brings world class musicians to a small town setting. With a variety of classical and jazz ensembles we endeavor to thrill audiences with the power and emotion of an intimate performance environment featuring top tier musicians. Our generous donors and a Legacy Fund grant from the State of Minnesota allow us to offer these performances at a ticket price of $5, making them accessible to all in our community and beyond.
- AUGUST 21, WEDNESDAY: POP-UP CONCERT @ CONTENT BOOKSTORE, 12 NOON
- AUGUST 21, WEDNESDAY: OPENING NIGHT@ URNESS RECITAL HALL, 7:30 PM
- AUGUST 22, THURSDAY: YOUNG ARTIST RECITAL @ ST. OLAF COLLEGE STUDIO A, 7:30 PM
- AUGUST 23, FRIDAY: POP-UP CONCERT @ GOODBYE BLUE MONDAY, 12 NOON
- AUGUST 23, FRIDAY: JASPER STRING QUARTET@ URNESS RECITAL HALL, 7:30 PM
- AUGUST 23, FRIDAY: LATE NIGHT POP-UP WITH THE JASPERS @ LOON LIQUORS, 10 PM
- AUGUST 24, SATURDAY: POP-UP @ RIVERWALK MARKET FAIR, 9 AM- 1 PM
- AUGUST 25, SUNDAY: SEASON FINALE@ CARLETON COLLEGE KRAKUM CONCERT HALL, 3 PM
Violinist Francesca Anderegg graduated from Harvard University in 2005. She holds a Doctor of Musical Arts degree from The Juilliard School, where she also received a Master’s in Violin Performance. Lauded for her “exceptional performances” and “fiery interpretation,” Ms. Anderegg delivers sensational accounts of contemporary and classical music. Her playing has been praised by the New York Times for its “dark, mournful tone” and “virtuosic panache.” She has collaborated with the leading musicians of the concert stage, and regularly performs throughout the United States.
In 2016, Ms. Anderegg was awarded a McKnight Fellowship for Performing Musicians, given to artists with a “distinctive musical voice.” She is a past recipient of the Leonore Annenberg Fellowship in the Performing Arts. Her debut CD, with pianist Brent Funderburk, was released by Albany Records in 2012, and her second album of contemporary American music “Wild Cities” was released in July 2016 and “Images of Brazil” with pianist Erika Ribeiro was released in 2018. She is represented by Ariel Artists (www.arielartists.com).