With the near completion of the Washington Street mill and overlay project, a traffic control change has been implemented at two key intersections along the project corridor. The Washington Street and Fifth Street intersection, which previously operated as a minor stop controlled intersection with vehicles on Fifth Street required to stop, has now been converted to an all-way stop control for all legs of the intersection (see graphic below). [Read more…] about Two traffic control changes on Washington Street
The City of Northfield is asking for the public to participate in short survey questions as they begin the 2020-2021 budget process by using Polco, a public engagement platform. Survey results will be tabulated and shared with the city council and community through the city’s website.
Residents can participate on Polco by downloading the Polco app for Android or iOS, or visiting the city’s web page on Polco at polco.us/northfield. QR codes on city information boards allow easy access to the Polco website. Residents’ individual information is never shared and cannot be accessed by the city.
Links to Polco can also be found on the city’s website www.ci.northfield.mn.us/polco, Facebook and Twitter feed. English and Spanish paper surveys are available at the Northfield Public Library and Motor Vehicle Services at City Hall.
The Weitz Center We Are Water exhibit is open Tuesday-Friday 12:00-6:00 pm and Saturday 11:00 am-3:00 pm at the Weitz Center for Creativity from now until July 28th.
The exhibit Grand Opening takes place this Saturday, June 29th, 10:00 am-2:00 pm with family-friendly activities, a Mini-River Insect Safari, Fish Printing, special guests, exhibit tours in English and Spanish and refreshments. For more information, visit www.crwp.net/events.
“One thing that I really like about We Are Water is how it shows us the many ways that water is important to all of us and it shows us what we can do to keep the Cannon River healthy for our communities and our families to enjoy,” said CRWP Executive Director Kristi Pursell.
Find out more by clicking on the link below:
Date: June 17, 2019
Media Contact: Teresa DeMars, Rice SWCD, 507-332-5408, [email protected]
Rice SWCD Welcomes New Resource Specialist
The Rice Soil and Water Conservation District is pleased to announce its recent hire of Jarett Spitzack, who has joined the conservation office as Resource Specialist. Jarett will be serving as the Wetland Conservation Act Administrator for Rice County. He will also be working with the Re-Invest in Minnesota (RIM) wetland restoration program, as well as the Ag BMP Loan Program for conservation practices. [Read more…] about Rice Soil and Water Conservation District welcomes new resource specialist
In 2019 WINGS (Women In Northfield Giving Support) awarded $81,877 in grants. WINGS has now surpassed the million dollar mark in grants awarded since its inception with a grant total of $1,056,962.
2019 Grant Recipients:
- Camp FRIENDS: Summer Programming for Students with Disabilities
- Community Action Center Food Stability: Increasing Food Access for Families with Children
- Community Action Center Housing Assistance: Taking Action for Housing
- Community Action Center Northfield Works: Empowering Women through Education
- Community Action Center Transportation: Community Engaged Transportation
- Community Action Center Youth Summer Camp: Scholarships
- Greenvale Park Community School: Bridge Funding
- Hand in Hand Preschool: English Learner Section
- HCI Growing Up Healthy: Evenings in the Park
- HCI NHS Reading Mentors: Mentor Training
- HealthFinders Clinic: Building Comprehensive Care
- HOPE Center: Lifeline
- Infants Remembered in Silence: Bereavement Support Packets
- NHS Multi-Tiered Systems of Support: Emotional, Academic and Physical Well-Being
- Northfield ALC: Backpack Food Program
- Northfield Area Family YMCA: Transportation Co-op
- Northfield Arts Guild: Read Together Create Together
- Northfield Union of Youth: Gaining Opportunity, Access, and Local Stability (GOALS) Education
- Northfield Youth Sports Collaborative: Scholarships
- Northfield YouthBank: Team Training
- Project Friendship: Northfield Community Mentor Training
- Ruth’s House of Hope: Transitional Shelter Program
- TORCH Northfield High School: PSEO and College Planning
- TORCH Northfield High School: Revolving Loan Fund
- TORCH Northfield Middle School: Service Learning and Leadership
For more information on WINGS click HERE