KYMN 95 The One
Recent Area News
Police Chief Monte Nelson ended the Emergency Declaration effective 6:00 p.m., September 26, 2016. On Friday, September 23, 2016, the Northfield City Council approved a Motion extending the Mayor’s original Emergency Declaration regarding the flood conditions in Northfield. Read more by clicking below:
Good news on the Riverfront but extreme caution still necessary
The Cannon river officially crested at about 901 feet on Saturday. It dropped a foot in 24 hours and another foot overnight. At 10 this morning the official 2nd street gauge measured the river at just under 899 feet. A normal level is about 9 feet below that. Police Chief Monte Nelson said the Straight River readings continue to fall. West Cannon River levels are still rising, but very slowly and levels in Northfield should continue to drop, albeit much slower than they rose. Police and Streets Dept. staff will continue to monitor affected areas along the river, and they will adjust/move restrictions when necessary. Emergency Mgmt Director Tim Isom, said late (more…)
The Northfield Police Department would like to share the following flood related updates:
– Mostly good news regarding the river levels. In Northfield, the 2nd St. gauge reads 899.91’ and the stick gauge at the Fire Station reads 4’10″. We can officially say we have crested, and the water level is down approximately One Foot in the last 24 hours.
– Straight River readings continue to fall. West Cannon River levels are still rising, but very slowly. River levels in Northfield should continue to drop, but will do so at much slower rates than they originally rose.
– Protections and restrictions to riverside areas will continue. Police and Streets Dept. staff will continue to monitor affected areas along the river, and they will adjust/move restrictions as applicable.
Continue reading by clicking below:
- Matt Hillmann
- Senator Rich Draheim
- Representative Todd Lippert
- Capt. Andrew Tussing
- Ben Martig and Rhonda Pownell
- Wendell Arneson
- Jack Hoschouer, Parts 1 and 2
- Fran Windschitl, Parts 1 & 2
- Manny Villafana
- Charlie Cogan and Yogi Reppmann
- Nuevos equipos de gobierno local y estatal en Minnesota
- Nuevos representantes del Congreso de Estados Unidos