City officials have made some decisions about department operations and meetings by following the guidance of the Minnesota Department of Health MDH and Center for Disease Control CDC in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following decisions have been made effective immediately:
- Northfield Ice Arena is closed through the end of April
- Northfield Public Library is closed March 18 through March 29, 2020
- All advisory boards, commissions, special committees are canceled through the end of April (with limited exceptions as approved by the city administrator)
- The Board and Commission Appreciation Event on April 15 is canceled
- City Hall meeting rooms are restricted to City and County purpose use only with 6-foot social distancing
- The City Council meeting on March 17 will be open to the public, but will maintain 6-foot social distancing and occupancy restrictions
The Council Chambers has ten audience chairs and the second floor training room has seventeen audience chairs available for use by staff and community members.
We encourage residents to continue social distancing. If residents would like to comment on City Council items, we recommend using the online commenting feature. Once the City Council agenda is published, the eComment link will be active. Residents can review agenda item details, indicate their position on an item and leave feedback by clicking on the eComment tab on the City Council meetings page: City of Northfield – City Council.
Comments may be submitted until noon on the day of the meeting. Residents may also use the Register to Speak option to sign up in advance to speak at the meeting. Please follow this link to eComment directions for additional information on using eComment and Register to Speak.
The health and safety of all employees, volunteers, and all community members is if the upmost importance. With ever increasing COVID-19 concerns, all are encouraged to wash hands frequently, stay home if ill, and practice social distancing.