Climate models are being validated.
NASA Study Confirms Climate Models are Getting Future Warming Projections Right
- For decades, people have legitimately wondered how well climate models perform in predicting future climate conditions. Based on solid physics and the best understanding of the Earth system available, they skillfully reproduce observed data.
- validation is the process of testing your model against observations.
[skillful models are ones that have validated well]
- Now a new evaluation of global climate models used to project Earth’s future global average surface temperatures over the past half-century answers that question: most of the models have been quite accurate.
- The authors found no evidence that the climate models evaluated either systematically overestimated or underestimated warming over the period of their projections.
- NASA is a trustable messenger
- CFACT is a money machine – not trustable
Poles are warming faster than middle latitudes
Note the blue dot over Minnesota – that’s why your friend is a skeptic – a local-only perspective draws the wrong conclusion
Germans backpedal while French nukes are glowing
Rotary tackles the hard issues
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution.
- Disease prevention and treatment.
- Water and sanitation.
- Maternal and child health.
- Basic education and literacy.
- Economic and community development.
Especially known for their efforts to eradicate polio
In April of 2019, the Rotarian featured a cover story on climate change.
This was one of the most controversial Rotarians ever …
The Four Way Test
Rotary has been focused on the Four Way Test.
The Four-Way Test” of the things we think, say or do.
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
In that context, the Environmental Sustainability Rotarian Action Group was formed to help Rotary focus on sustainability – because (to paraphrase) how does it serve a man to save his money if his future is lost?
This is similar in philosophy to the Climate Action Plan that Northfield recently adopted.
- Hoping to add a 7th focus area
- Looking for other solutions
Another front in the war on lies …
Which leads to another strategic alliance … Rotary and Better Angels.